Re: Web Server 2.0 - PL/SQL Agent

From: Steve_Kilbane <steve_at_phantom.cegelecproj.co.uk>
Date: 1996/11/12

In article <55vjrb$dsu_at_amazonas.unired.net.pe>, echinen_at_unired.net.pe (Enrique Chinen) writes:
> I know that the PL/SQL Agent can be called from a CGI or from a Web Request
> Broker. Can anyone tell me how do I configure it as a CGI and how to configure
> it as a WRB?

To configure it as a CGI program, enter virtual paths for the URL you'll be calling the Agent as into the Directory Mappings section of the web listener configuration form. Generally you'll have a virtual path that maps /ows-bin/service/ onto $ORACLE_HOME/ows2/bin/, as type CN.

To configure it as a WRB program, enter virtual paths into the Applications and Directories section of the Web Request Broker configuration form. Generally, these are such that /ows-bin/service/owa maps onto $ORACLE_HOME/ows2/bin, and are of type OWA.

You shouldn't have the same virtual path mapped in both WRB and listener forms. After setting up the mappings, halt and restart the listener so that it picks up the new configurations. You should see a wrb2 process running, if all has worked.

--
<Steve_Kilbane_at_cegelecproj.co.uk>
ISPs are responsible for maintaining the Information Superhighway. They