Re: VB and Stored Procedures

From: Matthias Greß <GreMa_at_t-online.de>
Date: 1996/11/12

A little left of plumb wrote:

> In article <55ahr7$djs_at_bcalpha.estec.esa.nl>, mdowning_at_estec.esa.nl (Michael
> Downing) writes:
>
> >I am trying to run an Oracle stored procedure in a package from Visual Basic 4
> >(32 bit).

> >I am using SQLpassthrough within ODBC to execute the PL/SQL block, however I
> >get nothing returned from the procedure. I think the syntax is correct.

> >Can anyone help ? Can you please send example syntax for doing this.
>
> AFAIK, you can't get a PL/SQL procedure to return values using ODBC. It can
> be done using Oracle Objects for OLE though. There's an example in the OO4O
> help file under 'ADD Method Example' that'll get you started.
>
> HTH, david

there is a way to achieve this. You must use the ODBC-API. There you can specify a stored porcedure as SQL-Statement. Let's say the stored procedure is named "sp_test" and has to numeric parameters. Then the SQL-Statement to execute would look like "sp_test 1 2". If column-binding usw. is done right you will get the rows selected by "sp_test".

--
M.Greß    :-)