Re: SQL*Loader question

From: Julian Goulet <jgoulet_at_whsun2.whoi.edu>
Date: 1996/11/12

Try using dd at the unix to convert the file from EBCDIC to ASCII

Good Luck

Jerry Wolfe (wolfe001_at_mail.genmills.com) wrote:
: We are running Oracle 7.3.2.2 on an HP-UX 10.10 system. We have a file
: which was ftp'd from our IBM system and is in EBCDIC format that we want
: to load with SQL*Loader. We are using the CHARACTERSET we8ebcdic500
: parameter on the LOAD DATA statement and use the POSITION parameter to
: identify the starting and ending positions of each column. When we
: execute SQL*Loader we get SQL_Loader error-510 Physical record in datafile
: <filename> is longer than the maximum (65535). The same file loads just
: fine into our Redbrick database. Apparently, UNIX doesn't recognize the
: end of record delimiters since the file is EBCDIC because I can't get the
: file with 'vi' either. We also tried the RECSIZE parameter on the
: INFILE statement to specify the size of each record. When we did that we
: got SQL*Loader error-500 Unable to open file <filename>.

: The question here is: Has anyone used SQL*Loader to load IBM EBCDIC
: formated datafiles successfully? If so, what are we doing wrong?

: We have an open TAR on this with Oracle but so far they haven't given us
: any insight. If anyone can shed some light on this, it will be greatly
: appreciated.

: Thank you in advance.

: Jerry Wolfe
: General Mills, Inc.