Vb connectivity to ORACLE

From: Greg Laslett <G_Laslett_at_motherwell.com.au>
Date: 1996/11/11

We are interested in using VB as a front end/forms development tool to an Oracle 7 database.

Are there widgets/methods available to permit direct interaction perhaps via SQLNET.

I've heard some horror stories about trying to use ODBC as a connectivity layer and would prefer a simple solution that involves the fewest possible 'middleman' layers.

A high performance solution that lets the DBList DBCombo and DbGrid widgets interact directly with Oracle tables would be ideal.

There is also talk about a product called Oracle Objects for OLE. Does this supply widgets like DbGrid ?

Any comments from people who have already been down this road would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Greg Laslett G_Laslett_at_motherwell.com.au Motherwell Systems Received on Mon Nov 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message