Backup Mgr on NT

From: Simon Mayeski <smayeski_at_dbc.com>
Date: 1996/11/11

Running Oracle 7.2 on NT 3.51, I recently installed an HP 4G DAT tape
(external) backup. Using the built-in NT Backup software, I can copy
from disk to tape and back again no problem. Using Oracle Backup Manager
(as a test before I set up an AT-executed script), where access to the
tape is now enabled, when I attempt to backup tablespaces, I immediately get a message about BM not able to recognize the tape, and would I like it to be formatted. So I said OK (it was a new tape I had just unwrapped) and the backup then went off without a hitch. Then I started the NT backup software to see if I had actually backed anything up, and NT Backup says the tape is foreign and would I like it to format it? Has anyone else had this experience, and could you offer a solution? It obviously sounds like incompatible formats, but am I missing some
(simple) step?

TIA.
        Simon Mayeski Received on Mon Nov 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message