Re: [Q] can Pro*C work with Gcc or not??

From: Ed Cymbalak <edc_at_atlassoft.com>
Date: 1996/11/11

Alvin Sylvain wrote:

> Graham Potts wrote:
> >
> > .... working on Solaris ...
> >
> > I use GCC with Pro C and have had no problems at all. It took me a
> > little time to get the make file set up properly and to make sure I
> > had the right ld command but since then it has worked fine. I did have
> > to copy one of the Oracle libraries in to /usr/lib - one of the
> > shareable libraries although I can't remember which one because it
> > could not be found in the Oracle directory at run time and I couldn't
> > work out why not.

FYI - It was probably libclntsh.so or libclntsh.so.1.0 that you copied. and you might also like to know that there is no need to move this to /usr/lib. When loading shared objects at run time, Solaris will load the files from the directories named in the environment variable 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH' so you simply need to include $ORACLE_HOME/lib in that list. Example:

If you are using tcsh, you need to do this:

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $ORACLE_HOME/lib

before trying to run your application which uses the shared library.

( I assume here that you have a proper 'ORACLE_HOME' envar already,   otherwise you must use the full path )

under bash this would be something like:

set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Hope this helps,
Ed. Received on Mon Nov 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message