Re: Record Locking using web forms ?

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/11/11

On 9 Nov 1996 02:36:28 GMT, geoff_at_innov8cs.com (Geoff Crawford) wrote:

>My apologies if this comes across more than once, my News server
>was taken off line while posting. Hopefully the mail cc's did
>not go out.
>
>Also, Sorry for cc'ing so many, but I joined this conversation late
>and can't tell who's who.
>
>In article <3278DBFE.48D5_at_lindy.stanford.edu>,
>lmiller_at_lindy.stanford.edu says...
>>
>>Sigurdur I Bjornsson wrote:
>>>

>>> There was some talk about that Oracle was going to introduce
 "stateless
>>> transactions" in Oracle Webserver 3.0. Has anyone heard about this?
>>>

>>I recently took an Oracle Webserver class and they told us this.
>>

>Progress' WebSpeed product is currently doing this. It works against
>Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, and others. You can use any web server,
>any HTML generator, and any broswer, too. I know Oracle is still
>trying to make the jump to an open solution. (ie you need their
>server and browser, unless their newest product has been released)

Actually, you *never* needed our browser with any version of webserver. Any HTML browser would do.

Also, you *never* needed our web server either. The CGI versions fo the Oracle Web Agent (OWA) never needed our server. Any CGI 1.1 compliant server would work. With version 2.0 we introduced the WRB (Web Request Broker). That was an alternate, faster way to use OWA that was, for 2.0, specific to our web server. With 2.1, works with other web servers as well. With 3.0 even more web servers supported.

Also, you can visit http://govt.us.oracle.com, downloadable utilities under Tech Center to see a solution that works to prevent lost update on the web....

>Geoff Crawford Phone: (201) 627 - 0307
>Innovative Client Servers FAX: (201) 627 - 0634
>24 Dogwood Drive Email: geoff_at_innov8cs.com
>Denville NJ 07834 Web: http://www.innov8cs.com

Thomas Kyte
Oracle Government
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com

http://govt.us.oracle.com

  • Check out Oracle Governments web site! ----- Follow the link to "Tech Center" and then downloadable Utilities for some free software...

statements and opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon Nov 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message