Re: Calling Win95 OpenFile panel from within a Forms*4.5 trigger

From: David Martin <djmartin_at_netspace.net.au>
Date: 1996/11/10

Thank you for the lead. Contacted Oracle about WORAFFI.EXE. They got back to me with D2KWUTIL.EXE (681,225 bytes) which contained the following README.WRI

Developer/2000 Bonus Pack - Windows API Utility D2KWUTIL This utility allows developer/2000 programmers (Forms, Reports and Graphics) to make calls to various functions provided by the Windows API direct from their applications.
The application uses ORA_FFI to interface with a custom DLL file which contains the various API calls.

What Functions the Utility Provides:

 File Dialogs (Save and Open) including Multi-Select capability  Select Printer name Dialog
 Play WAV files and System Sounds
 Read & Write INI's
 Read and Write Registry
 Environment functions:

	Get DOS variable
	Get Windows Username
	Get Windows Directory
	Get Temp Directory

 Create Temp File
 WNetGetConnect
 WinExec
 Windows Help
 Sendmessage Interface
 Get Mouse Position
 Delete File
 Move File
 Copy File
 Get current Window Handle

 And as a final bonus Bitwise operators for Handling Bit strings in PL/SQL     What the Utility consists of:

  1. 32 bit DLL - D2KWUT32.DLL (32 bit) which contains all the functions
  2. PLL file - D2KWUTIL.PLL (for any of the products to use - NOT Forms Specific)
  3. Demo Application (wapidemo.fmb) + Supporting files

Installation:

The file is self extracting.
You will need to move the DLL into the Windows/system directory, or the orawin/bin or somewhere else in the PATH, *OR* you can create the environment variable D2KWUTIL_PATH in the ORACLE section of the registry to point at the location of the file.

Run up the Demo it's all fairly self explanatory. The demo documents the options on most of the functions shown. See the package definition for each function for more information.

This was just what I wanted. The demo is brilliant. David
 _--_|\     PO Box 139, Belair, South Australia, 5052
/      \    Tel:+61 51 732273 Fax:+61 51 733245 Mob:+61 018 817 917
\_.-*._/    email: djmartin_at_netspace.net.au (Work things)
    ^ v          : davidj_at_adam.com.au (Adelaide stuff)