Re: Installing ODBC driver from Oracle

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <"Lun>
Date: 1996/11/09

Tang Wai Shing Wilson wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> While I'm ftping the ODBC driver from Oracle for Win95 (which
> takes years :( ), I read the requirement that it needs SQLNet 2.2.
> I would like to know if this refers to the client or the server?
> Well, my oracle is on Solaris and my PC is on Win95 and I don't
> have any Personal Oracle installed over the PC. Is that ok,
> or should I need to install PO7 to have its sqlnet2.2?

  Yes, it seems that you require to use SQL*Net. It is because SQL*Net is the interface between communication protocol such as TCP/IP and the database server.

  Related Topics: Client and Server Architecure, Seven Layer Model.

--
Name        : Lun Wing San
Title       : Senior Consultant of Lun's Oracle Solution Company