Re: How to uninstall Oracle for Solaris ?

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <"Lun>
Date: 1996/11/09

Atif Ahmad Khan wrote:

> I have somehow (I still haven't found out how) corrupted the installation
> of Oracle on my Solaris machine and would like to find out if it is possible
> to un-install Oracle and install it again. As I sure dont want to
> install Solaris X86 again.

  You can use de-install option in the installer.

  Alternatively, you can

1.  rm -rf $ORACLE_HOME
2.  Oracle related files under /opt/bin
3.  Remove all datafiles, redo log files, archive redo logs and control files.

--
Name        : Lun Wing San
Title       : Senior Consultant of Lun's Oracle Solution Company

Original text of this message