Re: How to uninstall Oracle for Solaris ?

From: Jeff B. <jeffb_at_sky.net>
Date: 1996/11/09

Fire up the installer (orainst) from the CD-ROM and answer all the questions until you get to the software asset manager screen. Then tab over to the right window (products you have installed), select all products there and then select "remove" button.

Alternatively, you could just delete (from Unix) all the files and directories from $ORACLE_HOME and below, but BE SURE you don't have anything stored there you want to save. You may also want to get rid of your oratab file (in /var/opt/oracle on our box) and let oracle installer (actually, the root.sh script creates it. You run root.sh after installation is complete) regenerate it from scratch.

This assumes you don't have any databases you want to keep, nor any Oracle products you want to keep, either.

In any case, a full backup of the Unix box would be a good idea (mandatory!) before you begin.

aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu (Atif Ahmad Khan) wrote:

>I have somehow (I still haven't found out how) corrupted the installation
>of Oracle on my Solaris machine and would like to find out if it is possible
>to un-install Oracle and install it again. As I sure dont want to
>install Solaris X86 again.

>Atif Khan
>aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu

Jeff Behm jeffb_at_sky.net http://www.sky.net/~jeffb "By George, and I think I have enough money to buy George."  --Thurston Howell, Gilligan's Island Received on Sat Nov 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CET