Re: Record Locking using web forms ?

From: Geoff Crawford <geoff_at_innov8cs.com>
Date: 1996/11/09

My apologies if this comes across more than once, my News server was taken off line while posting. Hopefully the mail cc's did not go out.

Also, Sorry for cc'ing so many, but I joined this conversation late and can't tell who's who.

In article <3278DBFE.48D5_at_lindy.stanford.edu>, lmiller_at_lindy.stanford.edu says...

>Sigurdur I Bjornsson wrote:

>> There was some talk about that Oracle was going to introduce
 "stateless
>> transactions" in Oracle Webserver 3.0. Has anyone heard about this?
>>

>I recently took an Oracle Webserver class and they told us this.

Progress' WebSpeed product is currently doing this. It works against Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, and others. You can use any web server, any HTML generator, and any broswer, too. I know Oracle is still trying to make the jump to an open solution. (ie you need their server and browser, unless their newest product has been released)

Geoff Crawford                          Phone:      (201) 627 - 0307
Innovative Client Servers               FAX:        (201) 627 - 0634
24 Dogwood Drive                        Email:    geoff_at_innov8cs.com
Denville NJ 07834                       Web: http://www.innov8cs.com