Re: Oracle 7.3 under Linux, any chance ?

From: Marti Rijken <marti_at_natrix.gld.nl>
Date: 1996/11/08

In article <E0Huz6.Ert_at_progis.de>, Andreas Fassl <andreas_at_progis.de> wrote:

>YOUR linux is stable, but what will happen to the thousand customers buying
>a generic linux distribution from a low-cost CD?
>I see a large amount of support problems coming up like:
>1) What kernel are you using?
>2) What patches, drivers, etc. have you installed?
>3) What have you installed additionally?

A possible solution for this problem could be restricting Oracle support to a single (commercial) distribution. This is e.g. what Caldera does with Wordperfect for Linux.
This does not necessarily limit the possibilities to use the software on other distributions. Then however, the user does this at his own risk.

I would welcome such an approach!
Regards,

--
   _at_..@    Marti Rijken     <M.Rijken_at_prvgld.nl>
  (`--')   Company domain not yet registered,