Re: Oracle & the Web

From: Mark McNulty <mmcnul_at_wall.ny.jpmorgan.com>
Date: 1996/11/08

In article <32838B93.4F86_at_islco.com>, Rudolf C. Hofland <rhofland_at_islco.com> wrote:
>I am interested to hear about how people have used oracle as the
>back-end database to serve up dynamic web pages.
>
>I have used and tried the following:
>LiveWire Pro
>Cold Fusion
>ihtml
>These are all on NT platform running enterprise server 2.0. What I would
>like to know is other products that people have successfully used. Also,
>if you have used the above products please tell me about your set up. I
>am interested in a couple of different set ups.
>
>Webserver on NT, Oracle on Solaris
>Webserver on Solaris, Oracle on Solaris
>or any other platform combinations
>Rudolf C. Hofland

Add JAM Web 2.0 (NT, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, etc) with Pro*C, OCI, or ODBC links to Oracle. (www.prolifics.com). You'll be able to have your Webserver on one machine, database server on another, and you can even do true three-tier and have services on even more machines!

All of your listed combinations should work with JAM. I'm using it on Solaris with Sybase on the backend, but most of the issues should be close, so email me with any questions.

Also look at Unify, NetObjects, and don't forget oraperl.

There are a ton of tools out there now, and if you limit them to only NT there are even more. As server-side JAVA becomes more available, you'll see even more tools.

good luck,
Mark McNulty
mmcnul_at_jyacc.com

Note- these views are mine and not those of JP Morgan or JYACC, or Quadris. Received on Fri Nov 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message