Re: NT and Designer/2000

From: David Perez <perezd_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1996/11/08

Karen Herring wrote:

> Raz wrote:
> >
> > I have an Oracle DB running on an NT server. I also have
> > Designer/2000 installed on this server. The reason for it is that it
> > is more economical than having a two PC's and it makes the development
> > a little bit easier.
> >
> > Now! I am interested to see if other people are doing this AND what
> > kind of problems/solutions you have come up with.
> >
> > I am particularly interested on the reports part of it. I have a
> > problem that reports sometimes does not work/print.
>
> I've found that when running Designer/2000 or Developer/2000 under NT
> 3.51 that it helps to have the "Use Separate Memory Space" property
> checked.
>
> HTH --
I've been doing the same thing for quite a while now. Works fine. If you want to get good performance, think BIG on memory for either developer OR designer. Like 64 MB and up... We did development on a 90 MHz Pentium and had to use 80MB of memory when running Designer. Received on Fri Nov 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message