Re: Inserting Image in Table ?

From: Hein <hvandermerwe_at_edgars.co.za>
Date: 1996/11/08

Friedrich Krebs wrote:

> We have no idea how to insert an image file (like .jpg or .gif) into
> tablecolumns of datatype RAW and how to select it from the table or to
> pipe it to a viewer. Our system is an Oracle Enterprise Server 7.3
> running on HP-UX 10.2. Any suggestions???
>
> Thanks in advance, Die Doofen.

It all depends what you are going to use as your development tool. If the access is going to be accros the network to a Windows client you will most probably code in "C" or "VB" and the "getchunk" method to read the image back piece by piece. If you use a comercial image viewer you will most probably have to write the whole file to disk before displaying the image. If you use a image library that you have control over you can start displaying the chunks as you get them

Thanks
Hein Received on Fri Nov 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message