Re: SQL*Net

From: (wrong string) ¿rn Aamb¿ <kaamboe_at_ulrik.uio.no>
Date: 1996/11/08

You did not say anything about the platform so I don't know If I'm at all helpfull, but the problem occur on My Macintosh with SQL*NET 2.1 and became quit a bit better after installing OpenTransport 1.1.1.

The problem did not dissapear entirely so I guess Oracle and the Platform suppliers still have somthing to discuss. SQL*NET is the only product ever that have given me any comunication problems what so ever. It almost remind me of the situation for the poor people that can only commicate trough modem where of course things are quite erratic...

>I think someone already answered this question, so I apologize ahead of
>time. I need the ODBC connect string for SQL*Net version 2. I know
>Version 1 was <Driver>:<Server>:<SID>.
>
>Also, I am recieving ODBC error: ORA-12571: TNS packet writer failure
>
>This is a random error. Does anyone know what the fix is?
>
>Thanks
>David.
>djkochis_at_sgi.net

Cyberdog ---A Product of Apple Computer, Inc.