Internal Error 1407

From: Murali Kazhipurath <murali_at_jps.net>
Date: 1996/11/07

Does anyonw known what Internal error 1407 means. We have an Oracle 7.3 Server under Windows NT 3.51. We get this error while trying to execute large PL/SQL stored procedures. Following is the pattern:

  1. Many times the stored procedure execution aborts with the internal error 1407.
  2. Some times, it hangs. At this point, it looks like the connection is terminated. We cannot see the user session.

The problem seem to have gone away when we explicitily dropped and recreated the procedure. (drop and create as opposed to create or replace).

But I am not sure whether this has fixed the problem . I strongly suspect some configuration setting.

If some one could shed some light on this problem, I would really appreciate it. We contacted Oracle Corp. and have had no luck so far.

Thanks,

Murali

--
Murali Kazhipurath