Re: Oracle access HP Allbase database

From: Joey Serio <jserio_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1996/11/07

George Xu wrote:

> You can use Oracle*Transparent Gateway to gain access to your ALLBASE
> through SQL*NET v2.0 and TCP/IP. You then build synonym and oracle
> name properly at your HP9000 side. After these setup, you will be
> able to do SQL*PLUS at HP9000 side.

Thanks for the help. We've been around the world with Oracle and all they say is that the only 3000 product they have support for is the Image/SQL product. Is the Oracle*Transparent Gateway sold for a specific database system which will be used by Oracle, or does the one product link to many different systems. IOW, when ordering from Oracle do I specify Allbase or simply specify the Transparent Gateway?

Thanks very much...
Joey Received on Thu Nov 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message