Re: Tracking query response time

From: Dean A. Richards <darichar_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/11/07

lokp_at_tdbank.ca wrote:

> Hi, all..
>
> We're running a data warehouse database in our company but seems to have
> problem with tracking queries response times. Since each user can in fact
> submit a new query right after the completion of the previous one without
> logging off.
>
> Does Oracle keep track of how many queries being run and how long it took
> to complete?
>
> Is there a query estimator facility with Oracle??
>
> Is there something a user could run to see how "expensive" a query would
> be?
>
> Any input is greatly appreciated...
>
> Peggy

Orace just released a product called Discoverer 3.0 which does have a query estimator in it. See http://www-tools.us.oracle.com. If you cannot get to this page, let me know and I can mail an Acrobat file containing Discoverer 3.0 information.

Dean Richards Received on Thu Nov 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message