Re: Oracle internal memory management

From: Eric Mortensen <mortense_at_cibadiag.com>
Date: 1996/11/07

M.Rapier wrote:

> It is a _very_good_idea_ to pin large packages you use on a regular basis
> using the dbms_shared_pool package. This ensures they are kept in memory
> (which is where they need to be anyway) - set up a job to pin them daily at
> least, especially things like DBMS_STANDARD which is referenced all over the
> place. The x$ksmlru table is also useful for keeping track of the allocation
> of objects in the shared pool. You also need to get rid of big anonymous
> blocks, use bind variables etc.

You need to constently re-pin your PL/SQL packages. I only pinned them once (when the package is created and I have not had the shared memory problem return. Do I need to pin them on a daily basis to avoid this problem?

Eric Mortensen Received on Thu Nov 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message