Re: Cost based Optimizer

From: Dave Mausner <dmausner_at_brauntech.com>
Date: 1996/11/07

In article <01bbcbe9$ba4abfa0$65646464_at_licorice>,

   "Murali Kazhipurath" <murali_at_jps.net> wrote:
>I am looking for suggestions and tips from Oracle experts who have used the
>COST based optimizer. We are facing some problems with it and have found
>that the RULE based optimizer is much more predictable and efficient for
>our environment.

Be sure to ANALYZE TABLE all of your tables so that the COST optimizer knows certain important facts about them. If that doesn't change your results, repost.

Dave Mausner, Managing Consultant, Braun Technology Group, Chicago. Received on Thu Nov 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message