Record Locking

From: Jereme R. Chapman <jrc2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 1996/11/06

We are developing a telemarketing application, and have a need for multiple users to lock different rows from the same table. ( You don't want two people calling the same customer at the same time...)
Our SELECT FOR UPDATE seems to be locking the entire table, instead of the one row that the query returns. In a test, four requests sent at the same time were returned one at a time every six seconds. We are looking for some ideas of how others have solved this problem.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Jereme

Jereme Chapman
906 Club Parkway
Norcross, GA 30093
(770) 723-0043 Received on Wed Nov 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message