Re: Problems with executing remote procedures.

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <"Lun>
Date: 1996/11/06

Yamuna Vallipuram wrote:

> I wish to execute a procedure (packaged) which is located in a
> remote Oracle database. This package is compiled under the remote
> database am I am being able to execute procedures in this package
> successfully. This package has also execute privilege.
>
> But when I try to execute the procedures from another Oracle
> database (located in another computer) over database link. I
> encounter some problems.
>
> I did the following:
>
> I created a private database link to the remote database where the
> procedure ( packaged) I wish to execute is located. The database
> link seems to be valid since I am being able to describe the tables
> which are located in the remote database. But when I execute the
> remote procedures I get an error message (PLS00905-invalid object).
>
> For example:
> Execute Package_name.Proc_name_at_database_link (................);
>
> I also tried creating a synonym for the REMOTE_PACKAGE_at_dblink and
> then executed the remote procedure by using the synonym name. But I
> get the same error message (PLS00905-invalid object).

  I would like you to check the following things for further diagnosis: 1. Since you are using Oracle 7.3, please check whether you have set the

   REMOTE_DEPENDENCIES_MODE. 2. Please check the STATUS field of the data dictionary view USER_OBJECTS for the

   Package_name.Proc_name.

3. Please check wether the specification (not body) has been modified after the first

   creation.

--
Name        : Lun Wing San
Title       : Senior Consultant of Lun's Oracle Solution Company