Re: Meaning of an INSTANCE.

From: Stephen A. Rodgers <tony_rodgers_at_bbs.bellsouth.com>
Date: 1996/11/06

No, multiple instances probably will not help performance in this situation, and might even hurt performance as you would have the additional overhead of a couple more oracle systems competing for memory, etc. One instance of Oracle can handle multiple databases. I would not create an additional instance unless I really wanted to segregate an application totally (like HR) or I had a test version of Oracle I wanted to keep separate from production.

Nabil Courdy <moab_at_emirates.net.ae> wrote in article <01bbc8d9$0bb6ac00$4b7eaac2_at_msdusr>...