Re: Badly installed Oracle

From: Mike Biggin <mbiggin_at_denr.sa.gov.au>
Date: 1996/11/05

Graham Potts wrote:

> I'd like to install again to clean all this up. Can I simply delete
> the ORACLE_HOME tree and reinstall.
>
> Also, I ran what I thought were the right .sql files to create the dba
> scripts etc but now when I run sqlplus I get all sorts of errors from
> pl/sql - the most significant being 'cannot find package
> fred.dbms_application'. This package was created by system and does
> exist, but obviously something else is wrong. Can I 'redo' all of that
> stuff at this stage, and if so what do I do?
>
> Apart from all that.... it is running just fine!
>
> Thanks,
> Graham Potts

Re-installing Oracle as you suggest should be ok. Be sure to do a clean shutdown of your database instance beforehand though.

For the pl/sql problem, try running the script:- $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catproc.sql

--
Mike Biggin
DENR, South Australian Government

Unless explicitly attributed, the opinions expressed are personal
and not those of DENR or the South Australian Government.