Re: COMP.DATABASES.ORACLE split

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1996/11/04

In article <55klb1$omh_at_arktur.rz.uni-ulm.de>, Walter Zimmer <walter.zimmer_at_rz.uni-ulm.de> wrote:
>Hi !
>
>Im pretty depressed beacuse although this newsgroup has been split noone
>is posting (which is ok)/answering (which is not ok) in the related
>groups. The ratio is 50/4 postings ! So, what should I do ? Continue
>posting in comp.databases.oracle ? Cross post ? Mail to everyone who
>doesnt answer questions but is on comp.databases.oracle ? :-)
>
>So, please, move to the apropriate groups.
>
>Walter
>
>walter.zimmer_at_rz.uni-ulm.de
>Forms 4.5 developer

This is excellent advice. People posting only in this group have no good reason to do so.

Remember, people, this newsgroup will disappear from many servers on December 10. If you don't move over to the new groups, many will not be able to see your questions or answers.

Move NOW, so there won't be so much trouble for us next month.

Also, along this line, once you move to the new group, it is perfectly reasonable to cross-post to comp.databases.oracle until December 10. However, it is NOT ok to post the same article into 3 or 4 of the newsgroups. DO NOT cross-post to all the new groups, and DO NOT post the same article separately to each group.

Doing that is spamming, and defeats the purpose of the split. If you don't know which group to use, then post to comp.databases.oracle.misc. Most people read several of the new groups, and seeing the article multiple times is quite annoying.

Steve Cosner Received on Mon Nov 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message