Re: How to invoke sql loader? Please help.

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/11/03

In article <54p97f$qda_at_news.uta.edu>, QUN WENG <qxw8184_at_omega.uta.edu> writes
>Hi friends:
>
>I tried to invoke oracle sql loader by entering
>
> sqlload control=ctfile.ctl log=ctfile.log
>
>at oracle sql prompt. But it doesn't work. I tried entering
>user id and password, it doesn't work too. Do you know the
>problem.
>
>Besides, the oracle is version 7 and running on Ultrix, a DEC UNIX
>flavor.
>
>Thank you very much in advance.
>
>Qun Weng(qxw8184_at_omega.uta.edu).

Hi,

sqlload is an Oracle program in its own right, it is not called from within sql*plus, but from the OS command line. i.e. it is similar to sqldba, imp, exp, lsnrctl, etc

e.g

sqlload user/passwd file=test.ctl log=test.log

(any required parameters not mentioned on the command line will be asked for by sqlload).

Andy
Andy Hardy (Internet: aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk, CIS: 100015,2603) PGP key available on request

"Well," said Programmer, "the customary procedure in such cases is as follows."

"What does Crustimoney Proseedcake mean?" said End-user. "For I am an End-user  of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me."

"It means the Thing to Do."

"As long as it means that, I don't mind," said End-user humbly.

  • Chris Mathes, uunet!metter!chris, with apologies to C. Robin And W. T. Pooh