problems with snapshots

From: Reinhold Broeker <reinhold_at_pop-frankfurt.com>
Date: 1996/11/03

Hi,

our situation:
1 master , >100 sites with replicated data (snapshots) AIX 3.5, ORACLE 7.2.2.3 our problem:
If one of our snapshots sites gets offline or the snapshot owner gets dropped, then the snapshot logs get very large. Is it possible to drop the replication of one site depending of the time of the last successfull replication?

more general question:
Has anybody experience with the implementing and administration of > 100 snapshot sites , > 80 tables, data changes of 2-10 MB, replication once a day, network bandwith <= 19.200 , replication done by one server ?
Our test system worked fine. But now we are facing severe problems with the managing of so many sites.

Any comment or advice is welcome.

TIA
Mandana Broeker
reinhold_at_pop-frankfurt.com Received on Sun Nov 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message