Re: Oracle or Informix? (Insights and experiences wanted - NO RELIGIOUS WARS OR FLAMES PLEASE!!!)

From: David Williams <djw_at_smooth1.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/11/03

In article <55emf2$i7m_at_dfw-ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>, Stuart Cracraft <cracraft_at_ix.netcom.com> writes
>Oracle is far more reliable.
>
>Informix is more snazzy.
>
>Take your pick (I'd pick Oracle.)
>
>Basing conclusion on DBA'ing Oracle 6/7 and Informix 5/7...
>
>--Stuart
>
>"David L Jarvis" <djarvis_at_relay.cablexpress.com> wrote:

  Informix completely rewrote their database engine for v7 which of course increase the bug count quite sharply however it has now gone back down and Online v7 is now quite stable from what I hear. (Both in this group and from poeple at work using it on site.

 Make sure you are running the latest version (7.13/7.20 depending  upon your platform). Their should be no problems with Online 7,  again you need the latest version (5.07.UC1).

--
David Williams