Re: database procedure compiling error

From: Jonathan W. Ingram <jonathan.ingram_at_attws.com>
Date: 1996/11/02

George Xu wrote:
> When creating database procedure, I had a compiling error. How do I
> know the reason? any tools??
I suggest that after you compile and have errors, you type 'show errors' at the SQL prompt. This will give you some vague ideas of what errors have occurred.

There are numerous third-party editors for stored PL/SQL code. There is also Oracle's Procedure Builder package. But I have yet to find a tool for procedure/function development that I would strongly recommend to anyone.

The best tool for this that I've seen so far is SQL*Navigator from TechnoSolutions (http://www.technosolutions.com/); you can download a trial version from their web site. It's a decent tool, but the interface is very busy (even after I turned off every toolbar option I could find).

Jonathan Ingram
Meridian Technology Group
503.639.0816 Received on Sat Nov 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message