Re: Linking IP address to Oracle process

From: <otierney_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 1996/11/02

[I have not heard of lsof , but it sounds useful]
I do not know what you are trying to do, but setting the sqlnet tracing to 16 in sqlnet.ora , for either client and/or server will probably give you all you need [trussing the client process will give you similar information].

If you really need to know in advance what tcp socket you are going to use, there are a couple of ways to set up oracle so the server side processes
[not just the listener ] are already listening before you connect, and
you can use netstat -a , or sqlnet trace files[?], to see what they are listenung on:
1/ use dispatchers [set up in init.ora lsnrctl services gives some info] 2/ use prespawned servers [set up in listener.ora - on unix AVOID in normal

                           operation]

Turloch Received on Sat Nov 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message