Re: Need Help with PL/SQL

From: Leung Chi Keung Joseph <jckleung_at_b1.hkstar.com>
Date: 1996/11/01

jckleung_at_hkstar.com wrote :

Would you use a cursor in PL/SQL? You can loop and fetch record under your control. I have no idea on doing record fetch control in single SQL statement. I always do it in PL/SQL.

  • Joseph Leung (Hong Kong) -- DBA in Oracle, AS/400 on Sun, AIX and 400 email : jckleung_at_hkstar.com http : www.hkstar.com/~jckleung

atyagi_at_mc.xerox.com wrote:

: Hi everybody,

: Thanks to all those who helped me last time. I have another question
: for you! I have written this query and I want to restrict the total number
: of records returned to exactly 100. I am trying and I can not make it work. I
: will greatly appreciate any suggestion.

: SELECT EO_SHIPPED.SHIP_DATE, COUNT(EO_SHIPPED.ORDERNUM)
: FROM WHISC.EO_SHIPPED EO_SHIPPED
: WHERE (EO_SHIPPED.SHIP_DATE >=ADD_MONTHS(SYSDATE,-5))
: AND (TO_CHAR(EO_SHIPPED.SHIP_DATE,'DAY') NOT LIKE 'S%')
: GROUP BY SHIP_DATE;

: You can email me directly to atyagi_at_mc.xerox.com or post the reply

: Thanks again

: Amit Tyagi

: Xerox Corp.