SQL*LOADER: Skipping over fields in text file?

From: James Reynolds <reynolds_at_monet.cs.athabascau.ca>
Date: 1996/10/31

I'm new to using SQL*Loader, and am having some trouble importing selected fields from tab-delimited ASCII files.

For example, my Oracle table contains two columns:

Name varchar2(20)
Address varchar2(20)

While the text file looks like this (4 columns):

John Doe	JUNK FIELD1	JUNK FIELD2	123 Halloween Drive
Mary Smith	MORE JUNK	EVEN MORE	567 Street Road

I've tried various settings in the control file with no luck. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks in advance.

Jim. Received on Thu Oct 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message