HELP!!! Retrieving value stored in string within a string for strcat function.

From: MHS <mswann_at_pluto.njcc.com>
Date: 1996/10/31

I have a question concerning a Pro*C program I am writing.

I have a dynamic where clause which contains host variables. I cannot use the "USING clause" for a dynamic query because the host variables differ by name and order during execution.

I want to expand the where clause by referencing the values stored in the host variables. Then I can simply use the strcat function to create a revised where clause.

I can parse the statement to find a host variable by searching for a colon (':'), but what I really want is the value stored in the variable. How can I access this value?

E.g. If the host variable = :emp_name, I can extract emp_name and add

      the .arr extension so I get temp_str = "emp_name.arr".
      What I want is...
        strcat(where_clause.arr, string_value_stored_in_emp_name.arr);
      If I use...
        strcat(where_clause.arr, temp_str) I will get "emp_name.arr".

Can anyone solve? If there is a different method to resolve, please advise.

Thanks...

Elaina

mswann_at_pluto.njcc.com Received on Thu Oct 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message