Re: Executing a Oracle Stored Procedure

From: Victor Poteryahin <vup_at_parad.ru>
Date: 1996/10/31

  For stored procedures development task I can recommend you evaluate SQL*Minus program. This solves all problem you describe in convinient way. 1. It have procedure execution terminal where you can select procedure name to execute from combobox, enter values for input parameters in grid ( PL/SQL tables supported) execute and see values of output parameters in grid.
2. You can use DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line procedure to implement tracing facility, results are catched by DBMS_OUTPUT window of SQL*Minus. 3. You can generate you PL/SQL scripts from SQL*Minus and get immediate access to compilation error in point and click style.

So this is utility written specially for such tasks. ( and it installation will not trouble you, if you have 32-bit SQL*Plus already running, no more action required just start sqlminus.exe)

Regards, Victor Poteryahin.

John Bush <jbush_at_netbox.com> wrote in article <3276A054.49A7_at_netbox.com>...