Re: Form45 in solaris platform

From: Joesph Gollapalli <gollapal_at_brcsun0.tamu.edu>
Date: 1996/10/31

Limin Guo wrote:

> I have a new SUN Enterprise 3000 machine which is running Solaris 2.5.1
> and oralce 7.2.3. I had some problem when I installed oracle form4.5 from
> developer 2000 CD (Release 1 production for Sun Solaris 2.3/2.4).
> Unfortunatelly we don't have directly technical support contract with
> oracle. The third party technical support told me (after they checked with
> oracle) that my Motif version under solaris is not correct. My version is
> VERSION=1.2.6,REV=10.96.03.2
> and the version oracle form4.5 needs is 1.2.3 or 1.2.4.
>
> Has anyone experieced installing FORM45 under Solaris 2.1.5? what version
> of Mitif you use?
>
> you will be find the Motif version in /var/sadm/pkg/SUNWmfrun/pkginfo
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Limin Guo

> Limin Guo | guo_at_andrews.edu
> System Administrator/DBA guo_at_redwood.cc.andrews.edu
> Andrews University (616)471-3870 Work
> Berrien Springs, MI 49103 (616)471-9751 Fax

I had some problems with this when I installed oracle 7.3.1 on a sun ultra sparc running sol 2.5.1. Fortunately the server cd contained the libraries. After a long time I found that the file sizes included in the cd were different from what was installed by solaris. I copied the files to a different directory and pointed my Display variable to this directory and everything worked fine. I don't know if the dev 2000 cd includes these libraries. If you think that this could be the solution drop me an email at gollapal_at_brcsun0.tamu.edu

Joseph Gollapalli Received on Thu Oct 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message