Re: CG_REF_CODES

From: Vladimir Stipetic <vladimir.stipetic_at_exportdrvo.tel.hr>
Date: 1996/10/30

Andrea Peterlongo wrote:

> I have tried to create CG_REF_CODES using UTILITIES/GENERATE REFERENCE
> TABLES of Designer/2000 but the table is always created on the database
> where D2K is installed, say A, instead of being created on the
> application database, say B. So when I try to generate any form I get
> error ..'CG_REF_CODES' must name a table to which user has access.
> Could anybody tell me if there is a preference to set to tell D2K
> to create CG_.... on B database (I would like not to grant any privilege
> on database A to the user of datgabase B!).

It seems like we all have the same problem. As I know you can't define database for placing the CG_REF_CODE table. You can just define scope (generic, application or table). I read some solutions of this problem before, but I do it on my own.

I think about this table as the part of my application, so I created entity in Designer/2000, after that, table and at the end, table in my application with name VALUES and defined columns, primary key and all other as it have CG_REF_CODES.

After that I created view in Designer/2000 with name CG_REF_CODES on that table and give proper access to it. Designer/2000 now operates with this view at the same manner as this is table and you have this documentated in your application with defined proper access over it.

After all I produced form module Values on the table Values basis. Changes you can do through this form (preferable) or SQL insert scripte or with SQL*Loader (if you have greater amount of data).

Hope it helps.
Regards.
Vlado

Vladimir Stipetic				      Exportdrvo d.d.
Oracle Designer Developer			      Marulicev trg 18
  Tel: 385/1/4560-312				      10000 Zagreb
  Fax: 385/1/420-004				      CROATIA
Email: vladimir.stipetic_at_exportdrvo.tel.hr	      Europe