Re: Duplicate Records

From: <vermaat_at_gemini.tfdl.agro.nl>
Date: 1996/10/30

In article <326FE2E4.7086_at_indy.net>, Richard William Howell <rwh_at_indy.net> writes:
>I am trying to write a query which will extract a list of duplicate rows
>in my table so that I may examine the duplicate records and eliminate
>the "bad" one or more. Any suggestions appreciated.

INSERT INTO [dump_table]
SELECT [primary_key_columns concatenated by ||] FROM [table_to_be_checked] GROUP BY [primary_key_columns concatenated by ||] HAVING COUNT([primary_key_columns concatenated by ||]) > 1;

This should do the trick.

| Peter J.R. Vermaat | Dutch Department of Agriculture | Wageningen |

| p.j.r.vermaat_at_fd.agro.nl | http://www.agro.nl/~vermaat/ |
|                           Flagellant in Dreamland                            |