Re: Free Oracle OpenWorld registration.

From: <mreagan_at_fast.net>
Date: 1996/10/29

Jim,

Have you considered giving the registration to the nearest local users group to San Francisco (which one is closest escapes me)? Call the IOUG-A headquarters in Chicago (the number is in the Select magazine or I can give it to you when I get to the office). Ask them to give you the name and number of the chair/president of the local group. Call that person and ask them if they have a "deserving volunteer" that they would like to give the registration to. Most user groups have scads of good, hardworking volunteers that would really appreciate getting a "thank you" like this.

Most people who are not local will not be able to afford the airfare, since the discounts available at this point are pretty poor. A local person, tho, would not have the airfare problem, but would be able to make the most of the registration.

Just a thought.

Matt...