Re: Linking IP address to Oracle process

From: Will Kooiman <wkooiman_at_csac.com>
Date: 1996/10/29

Peter Yates wrote:

> Is there any way either in Oracle or Unix that an IP address can be
> matched to an Oracle process. We are running 7.3 with parallel query and
> whenever we have a problem at the client end , we would like to be able
> to match the offending IP address with its Oracle process?
>
> thanx
> peter

There are only 2 views in Oracle that have that kind of information. They are v$process and v$session. Unfortunately, I don't think the IP is in either. But..., v$process has the operating system id. The two views can be joined with

select ...
from v$process p, v$session s
where s.paddr = p.addr;

(i think this is correct. it's been a long time since i've done this.)

Once you have the operating system id, you may be able to get the IP from Unix. note: the operating system id is the id on the server, not the client.

Happy hunting,

Will Kooiman
Computer Systems Authority
wkooiman_at_csac.com Received on Tue Oct 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message