Re: Slow response time connecting to db from sqlplus or sqldba

From: ehouzell <ehouzell_at_filnet.fr>
Date: 1996/10/29

In article <549tmq$7do_at_concorde.ctp.com>, Aziz Rahman <arahm_at_ctp.com> says:

>We DO have IP addresses in our SQL*Net configuration files, i.e.
>listener.ora and tnsnames.ora and we still have the problem of long
>connect times for SQL*PLus, both with and without using TNS connect
>strings. We are running Oracle 7.3.2 on Solaris 2.5. Any suggestions will
>be deeply appreciated.
>
>- Aziz

Hello

I don't have seen the other articles about the problem you are talking about but as you are talking about listener.ora and tnsnames.ora I think you are using SQL*NET version 2.

We are working with oracle 7.x.x from the beginning (beta versions) and the problem of long connect times apeared with SQL*NET version 2.

We tried to solve this problem in turning alias into addresses but we did not succeed. Oracle FRANCE have said they know the existence of this problem but they don't have any solution. That's the reason why we turned SQL*NET 2 into SQL*NET 1 on all our systems.

SQL*NET version 1 is no longer support by ORACLE but this version is running so good that we think we don't need support Received on Tue Oct 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message