tcplsnr

From: David Turner <turner_at_mail.more.net>
Date: 1996/10/28

I am running Oracle server for NT and for Solaris v2.5. I have been trying to set up ODBC on a machine for some time now with success only with the instance running on NT. I connect fine from the client machine to the Oracle Instance running under NT and yet can't connect to the Instance running under solaris.

I get this error message when trying to connect to the instance under solaris.

Native error code 6108

which means
ORA-06108: NETTCP: connect to host failed

Cause: The attempt to connect to a remote host has failed. The SQL*Net TCP/IP server on the remote host is not running, or the host itself is not running. Check the latter possibility by targeting it with Telnet.

Action: Start the SQL*Net TCP/IP server process on the remote host.

I noticed that NT has both a tnslsnr and tcplsnr but do not see the same under solaris. Is there a tcplsnr for solaris?? Or is it just part of the lsnrctl utility???

                                Any help is greatly appreciated

By the way I am able to connect to either instance via forms, browser,etc I just can't get the connection through ODBC to the instance under solaris. Received on Mon Oct 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message