Server Based Oracle & Personal Oracle

From: Ed Jennings <jennings_at_dca.net>
Date: 1996/10/28

Has anyone successfully loaded both Personal Oracle 7 and the DLL's for a Server Based Unix Oracle database?

I originally had the windows based DLL's (and other associated software that allowed access to Oracle running on an NCR platform) loaded onto a LAN drive which I was accessing. When I loaded Personal Oracle 7 for Windows, the install process overwrote the [ORA_CONFIG] entry in my win.ini file. It now points to my hard drive instead of the LAN drive. By adjusting the entry in my win.ini, I can use either the server based Oracle, or Personal Oracle, but not both. They both want an entry called [ORA_CONFIG]. I'd like to access both and download a subset of the data to a desktop. Can I point to both sets of software simultaneously without adversely affecting the other? Does anyone know how to do this?

--
jennings_at_dca.net