Re: SQL*NET V1 and V2 - which one

From: <mreagan_at_fast.net>
Date: 1996/10/27

SQL*Net V2 cannot talk to SQL*Net V1, nor vice versa. V1 is coming off support (if it isn't dead already). V2 is much easier (I *KNOW* I'm gonna get flamed for that) to configure and use than V1 was.

If you are setting up a new connection, I would use V2 if for no other reason than you won't have to upgrade it when V1 finally dies.

Matt...