Re: Dump file pmon_#######.trc - what's happening?

From: Joseph Testa <jtesta_at_freenet.columbus.oh.us>
Date: 1996/10/25

Alberto Rivera (usfmd2ya_at_ibmmail.com) wrote:
: Oracle is creating a dump file pmon_######.trc
: every day of activity, but there IS NOT any register
: in the altert_SID.log file.

 <snip>
: Wed Oct 23 08:56:58 1996
: Wed Oct 23 09:04:54 1996
: Wed Oct 23 10:19:48 1996
: Wed Oct 23 10:27:04 1996
: Wed Oct 23 10:36:12 1996
: Wed Oct 23 11:10:23 1996
: Wed Oct 23 11:25:02 1996
: Wed Oct 23 11:38:48 1996
: Wed Oct 23 12:43:25 1996
: Wed Oct 23 14:11:14 1996
: Wed Oct 23 12:43:25 1996

<snip>

You have idle time or some other parameter in the default profile set to a value. Those times are when pmon disconnect someone based on those values in the profile. I have idle time set at 120(minutes) so if the person logged into the database does nothing for 120 minutes then pmon disconnects them and an entry that looks just like yours is placed in the trace file. hope that helps, joe

--
Joseph S. Testa, Database Administrator, Ohio EPA
  N8XCT, Emergency Coordinator (EC) & Local Govt Liaison (LGL)