Re: Oracle 7.3 & NT 4

From: Jonathan Lent <jlent3_at_jcpenney.com>
Date: 1996/10/25

Andrew Knight wrote:

> Oracle in the UK can't give me a date for a version supported by them
> for NT4.0. I have 7.3.2.1.1 - on a non-production basis will this
> install and run under NT4?

<snip>

Andrew,

I've had Oracle7 WorkGroup Server 7.3.2.1.1 running on NT 4.0 for a couple
of months now -- everything seems to work just fine. WorkGroup Server does not support the add-in or number of users that Enterprise 7.3 does, but the important pieces of code are pretty much identical.

Acutally, Oracle seems to be more stable on my 4.0 box than when it was on a 3.51 box.

Cordially,

Jonathan Lent Received on Fri Oct 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message