Re: this table won't clean itself

From: Frenchy461 <frenchy461_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/10/24

If I get what you are saying, is that because the initial extent is too small, it fill up quickly to the last extent. If I am right, you want to do these steps:

  1. Export data with compress parameter on.
  2. truncate data in table with TRUNCATE command.
  3. Re-important data. (with export compress parameter, it will compress automatically data within one large first extent)
  4. Then, Use ALTER TABLE with storage clause to increase the NEXT EXTENT value to half the size of INITIAL(This statement can't be used for INITIAL extent. This is why steps 1-3 are needed).

Let me know if this works. Received on Thu Oct 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message