Problem Tracking/Source Code Management/Migration Tools

From: dan merryman <dan.l.merryman_at_bangate1.tek.com>
Date: 1996/10/24

I know this isn't really an Oracle subject, but I wasn't sure where else to post this question. I am open to any suggestions.

We are looking for a product or set of products that can be fairly eaisly integrated to handle our Problem tracking/Source Code Management/Migration process.

We are currently using RCS for version control. An Access database for problem tracking. And migrations are done pretty much manually with some UNIX scripts to help.

We want something that, in addition to tracking problems and managing source code will automate our Oracle and Oracle Financial Application migrations. Including registering program, forms, zooms, report sets as well as standard Oracle database stuff like scripts containing Create table, procedure, package, etc..

Has anyone seen or heard of any such all encompassing product(s). We would really like to avoid creating all this ourselves (if we could even figure out how to do it all). I suppose I should point out that we have more than a dozen Oracle database instances spread across several UNIX boxes, Solaris and AIX.

I personally think we are living in a fantasy to think such a thing exists but can't hurt to look for it.

Any ideas, comments are welcome.

Thanks Received on Thu Oct 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message