OS authentication and SQL*Net 2.1

From: Rodney Schuler <schuler_at_falcon.usask.ca>
Date: 1996/10/24

Hi,

I was just wondering if it is possible to allow operating system authenticated connections from specific nodes while excluding other nodes. I've set the REMOTE_OS_AUTHENT parameter for the instance to TRUE but this allows OS authenticated connections from any node. I've looked in the documentation but I haven't been able to find anything helpful.

We are running the Oracle 7.1 database and the SQL*Net listener on the VMS operating system.

Thanks
Rod

--
Rodney Schuler                          Internet: Rodney.Schuler_at_Usask.CA
Database Administrator                  Phone: (306) 966-4862